Saturday, February 7, 2015

Detroit is sticky

I don't want to get stuck.

Detroit is nice, most times, but not now, I need to get out.

I will go crazy if I don't.

Cooped up inside all day, because we too broke to pay, to prove to the state,

That I deserve to stay,

Green card process stalled indefinitely because we live below US poverty.

I am not allowed to work here. I am not allowed to make a dime.
 I cannot contribute, so how can we multiply ?

Income... meet requirements, and legalize my presence?

Its all about cash money here.

There is no love for the poor here.

But are we really poor here?

When we have homestead, grow food, and birds, and abundance of love here?

When we have framily all over the city and all over this nation supporting us here?

I don't know what to do, though, beyond what I have done, to seek out a suitable and willing sponsor. Its tricky when extended family is poor too. When the state requires us to  demonstrate an annual income of $30,000 as a family in order for me to be able to live in the light, but still won't give me a job, makes it impossible for me to work. Paradox.

Where are human rights in America?
Where are immigrants' rights in America?

Racists. Classists. Xenophobes!

But we are here.

But I am here.

I am here because of love and circumstance.

And if I am here, I deserve the right to live right.


It is my right to seek out employment or to make money through my own.

It is my right to move freely,

It is my right to belong.

But I cant.

Not legally yet.

Anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment